The Accrediting Commission of the
Council on Occupational Education
Reid State Technical College | P.O. Box 588 | Evergreen, AL | 36401 | Phone: (251) 578-1313 | Fax: (251) 578-5355
Welcome To Reid State College
If you are in search of a quality education, short-term training,
and a dynamic college atmosphere you've found the right place.
We offer programs targeted toward the industry's rising technical careers and top paying salaries.
Our flexible class schedule and assortment of technical and general education courses, allow prospective students to attend college as well as maintain a full-time career. Our faculty and staff strive for academic excellence and innovative teaching initiatives. Come join the college that works!
Enhance your career and quality of life with a degree from Reid State College.
The GED test is scheduled for April 29th & 30th, 2014. All persons are required to pre-register, no walk-ins are allowed on test days. Seating is limited to 8. The GED Test fee is $120 for the complete battery or $30 per subject, each retest is $24. Please visit GED Testing for information about how to register and schedule your exam.
The TEAS test for the Evergreen Campus is scheduled for April 22, 2014 at 8:00 a.m. Before registering for the TEAS test you must meet the following requirements:
- Be a student of Reid State.
- Have taken the COMPASS test and made the scores to be eligible for the Practical Nursing progam or be exempt from the COMPASS test.
If you have met the above requirements and would ike to register for the TEAS test, visit the following website: www.atitesting.com. CLick on "create a new account" then follow the screen prompts.
This following is a checklist of items you must do to prepare for graduation:
- Gowns must be ordered no later than 11:00 a.m. on March 20, 2014. Report to the bookstore which is located in Building 300 to be measured and place your order between March 3 – 7 and March 17 - 20 from 8:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. If you need to make other arrangements, please call Mr. Stokes at 251-578-1313 ext. 113. The gown fee is due upon ordering. There will be a $10.00 late charge if not ordered by March 20, 2014.
- Gowns must be picked up by April 21 & 22, 2014. The cap and gown fee is $30.33 (Tassel only is $5.41 and Cap only is $10.80) (Tax Included).
- Invitations and name cards, if desired, must be ordered and prepaid by 11:00 a.m. on March 20, 2014, in the bookstore. The cost of the invitations including envelopes and name cards are $0.73 tax included.
- Graduation rehearsal is April 29, 2014 at 10:30 a.m. in the auditorium. This is a dress rehearsal, mandatory for all graduating students. Students with a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher will receive an honor cord. Honor cords will be given out April 21 – 25, 2014 by Ms. Nicholson in Building 400. All honor cords must be picked up prior to graduation rehearsal.
- Individual pictures will be taken by Aaron White Photography at 9:00 a.m. sharp and group pictures of each county will be taken promptly at 10:00 a.m. (Please bring check or cash to pay for individual pictures).
- Gowns must be ironed to take a group photo on April 29 after rehearsal.
- Graduates must wear the following attire beneath the gown:
- Men: dark slacks, white shirt, tie, and dress shoes.
- Women: dark dress, navy or black dress shoes.
Commencement exercise will be held at 6:00 p.m. on Thursday, May 8, 2014. Graduates are to report to Edith A. Gray Library and Technology Center in the Tiered Lecture Room no later than 4:30 p.m.
Reid State affords equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for admission or employment regardless of race, color, gender, religion, national origin, age or disability. Reid State will make reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities. Questions concerning Title IX or the Americans with Disabilities Act should be directed to Monica Robinson at 251-578-1313 ext. 132.
American Recovery &
Attention Employees: Report anonymously any suspicion of fraud, abuse or misconduct to ethics-point.