skip to main content
Facebook Twitter
Veterans Affairs Benefits

Veteran’s Affairs – General Information

Reid State Technical College offers services to veterans who attend college here.  Veterans are required to submit various forms to the office for file preparation. Veterans are certified for attendance at the regional veterans affairs office once tuition and fees are paid.

RSTC has a Veteran's Affairs/Financial Aid Office located in the Student Services building.  The Veteran Certifying Official on each campus,

·        Processes veteran education benefit applications, changes, and terminations.

·        Verifies course enrollment.

·        Coordinates course of study with Academic Advisors.

·        Maintains student records.

Alabama State G.I. Dependents' Scholarship Program

Alabama State Disabled Veteran Dependent Scholarship Program also called the Alabama State G.I. Dependents’ Scholarship Program or Alabama GI Bill. A student may be eligible to receive the G.I. Dependents Scholarship if the student is a dependent of a disabled Alabama Veteran. A student must apply with the State of Alabama Department of Veterans Affairs to determine eligibility. The State of Alabama Department of Veterans Affairs will issue a Certificate of Eligibility to the education institution requested at the time of application. If a student changes their program of study or institution of choice, they must complete a S-5 form and submit it to the Alabama Department of Veterans Affairs for a new certificate.

Alabama Department of Veterans Affairs
P. O. Box 1509
Montgomery, AL 36102-1509.
Phone: 334-242-5077

For additional information please visit their website at: then click on Scholarship Programs. You may also contact your the Veterans Service Office in your county.

Federal Department of Veteran's Affairs

The Federal Department of Veteran's Affairs determines eligibility and maintains veteran records in electronic format.

Contact Information:
Montgomery Regional Office: 1-800-827-1000
Muskogee Regional Office: 1-888-442-4551 - VA National Phone Center

VA's GI Bill Web Site:

US Department of Veterans Affairs Web Site:

Ebenefits Website offers a one stop shop for the veteran's needs:

Responsibilities of the RSTC Student Veteran

The RSTC student veteran must:

·        Report any change in enrollment status to the RSTC Veteran's Affairs Office.

·        Coordinate their course enrollment with their respective Academic Advisors.

Application Process

To apply for Chapter 30, 33, 35, 1606 or 1607 VA Benefits you should visit the ebenefits website.

 Enrollment Certification will be completed by the VA Certifying Official as follows:

All Veteran's GI Bill Benefits will be certified by term. It is the student's responsibility to contact the VA Certifying Official and request certification at the beginning of each term. If a student fails to contact the VA Certifying Official at the beginning of each term, this will delay the processing of the students monthly check by the VA. If the student changes their enrollment, the student should notify the VA Certifying Official immediately so their enrollment status can be amended with the VA. The VA Certifying Official will check the enrollment status of each student monthly and report changes accordingly.

Other Resources

Tuition Assistance Program - visit

As of October 1, 2011, all active duty Army, Army National Guard, and the Selective Reserve members must apply for their tuition assistance benefit through the GoArmyEd website.

America's Debt Help Organization helps veteran students become aware of what options are available for them through the federal government and what programs the Department of Veteran Affairs (VA) has to help active duty service members and veterans. They also provide information and services to military personnel and their families. Below is a list of web pages that may be helpful to you.

Disclaimer:  RSTC does not represent that the services by the above providers are any better of services provided by other providers for the same services.

Please contact Ms. Christy Goodwin at if you need additional assistance.



It is the policy of Reid State Technical College not to discriminate against any person on the grounds of race, color, disability, gender, religion, creed, national origin, or age, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program, activity, or employment.

Reid State Technical College is committed to providing a website that is accessible to the widest possible audience and in compliance with Section 508 guidelines. If you have accessibility concerns or any issues viewing our content, please call 251-578-1313.