Commercial Truck Driving
Thank you for your interest in our Commercial Truck Driving Program.
After you submit your application online, you will need to return the following information by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
· A copy of your valid State Driver’s License
· A copy of your CDL Class A Learner’s Permit
· A Current Motor Vehicle Report (MVR):
- Obtained within no earlier than September 12, 2022.
- To obtain your MVR, go to www.alabamadl.alea.gov (The cost is approximately $6 and must be paid by debit or with credit card directly to them.)
· A valid Department of Transportation (DOT) Physical
· Current Drug Screening:
- Full Blood Panel Screening required
- Date of screening no earlier than September 12, 2022
· TABE scores
- To obtain your TABE please click link below:
Adult Education Enrollment
By checking this box, the applicant hereby provides permission for his/her data to be exchanged with other education, state, and workforce agencies for the purpose of verifying outcomes, performance, and credentials related to postsecondary education/training and employment or other services that are provided by Adult Education.
If you are needing financial assistance for this program, we have several available options below.
Veteran’s Administration Programs and Rehabilitations Services
- Christy Goodwin, Director of Financial Aid (251) 578-1313 ext. 107
Alabama Career Center – WIOA assistance
- Andalusia Career Center (334) 347-0044
- Bay Minette Career Center (251) 937-4161
- Brewton Career Center (251) 867-4376, ext.85233
- Foley Career Center (251) 943-1575 ext. 85451
- Greenville Career Center (334) 382-3128
- Monroeville Career Center (251) 575-3894
- Employment Preparation or Career Pathways Services (200%)
Adult Education Services - Employment Preparation for Career Pathways Services (200%)
· Carroll Byrd-Lymon, Director of Adult Education (251) 578-1313, Ext. 163 · https://www.rstc.edu/adulteducation
WIOA Youth Program - Ages 16-24
· Kasey Bradley - WIOA Youth Program Coordinator (251) 578-1313, Ext 152
· Jazzma Seay - WIOA Case Manager (251) 578-1313, Ext 133
If you have any questions, please reach out and we will be more than happy to assist.
Clarinda Mixon Instructional Support Specialist
Phone (251).578.1313 Ext. 101
Address P.O. Box 588 Evergreen, AL 36401 Email email@example.com
Length of Program: 8 weeks
Monday thru Friday 7:00 to 3:00p.m.
The Commercial Truck Driving program provides the knowledge to work in a high paying industry, in a short period of time. It will provide accessible, quality educational opportunities that will provide individuals with the knowledge, technical skills, and attitudes necessary to obtain entry-level employment in the commercial truck driving profession.
The goal of the certificate program is to produce graduates who are prepared for entry-level employment, upon licensure, as Class “A” commercial truck drivers. Program graduates are to be competent in the technical areas of hours-of-service regulations, vehicle inspection procedures, basic backing skills, defensive driving techniques, basic driving techniques, driver fatigue recognition and recognition of driving environment hazards. This program creates a foundation for your success.
Reid State Technical College accomplish this by providing students with a comprehensive technical training in the core area of Commercial Truck Driving. The occupational skill preparation is designed to meet the United States Department of Transportation, Federal Highway Administration, and Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) recognized skill standards. The college will ensure program quality through internal certification of graduate competencies and external licensure of graduates by the Commercial Driver's License Division.
Note: This course is not offered for college credit at Reid State Technical College.
Third Party Commercial Truck Driving Testing
Third Party CDL testing is provided on the RSTC Main Campus at 100 Hwy 83, Evergreen AL and on the RSTC Monroeville Commercial Truck Driving Site at 188 C Sheffield Road, Monroeville, AL. Individuals interested in scheduling a CDL exam must contact the Third-Party examiner (contact information below). Requirements for third party testing are:
Contact the RSTC Third Party Examiner to schedule exam
Submit payment for testing fee to the College's Cashier (payment must be submitted in-person)
Third Party Examiner Contact: EVERGREEN:
MONROEVILLE: Chad Jerkins firstname.lastname@example.org 251-743-2553 or 251-578-1313 ext. 101
Reid State Technical College
100 HWY 83
Evergreen, AL 36401
Reid State Technical College Instructional Service Center
Monroeville Commercial Truck Driving Site
188 C Sheffield Road
Monroeville, AL 36460