Tuition is charged at the rate of $127 (subject to change) per credit hour for students who are citizens of the United States and residents of the state of Alabama or who have been approved for in-state tuition eligibility per the Alabama Community College System policy. Tuition rate is subject to change each fall. Nonresidents of Alabama and students who are not citizens of the United States must pay a full-time tuition charge of 2.0 times the rate of resident tuition.
Tuition must be paid each term prior to the first day of class without exception. Presently enrolled students must register and pay their tuition no later than the close of business prior to the first day of class or they will be charged a $25 late fee. Unless tuition is paid by the first day of the term, the student is considered no longer enrolled, and their slot may be filled from the waiting list for the course in which they were enrolled.
ELIGIBILITY FOR IN-STATE TUITION RATES
The home address provided by a student on the Reid State Technical College admission application is used to determine the state in which a student resides. A student may change his/her address by completing a change of address form in the Admissions Office. If the new address indicates a change from out-of-state to in-state status, a student must provide proof of Alabama residence. Acceptable proof includes an Alabama driver’s license, a federal or state income tax form indicating an Alabama address, or a valid Alabama voter registration form.
Students or prospective students described in either Part 1 or Part 2 shall be eligible for “In-State” tuition rates:
A “resident student” is a person who meets the following criteria:
1. Is a citizen of the United States who has been a legal resident of the State of Alabama for at least one year immediately preceding registration, or whose non-estranged spouse has been a legal resident of the State of Alabama for such period, or (in the case of dependent students) whose parents or legal guardian has been a legal resident of the State of Alabama for such a period; or
2. Is a member of the Armed Forces of the United States and officially stationed in Alabama at the time of registration, or whose non-estranged spouse, or (in the case of dependent students) whose parents or legal guardian is a member of the Armed Forces of the United States and officially stationed in Alabama at the time of registration, or who has, or whose non-estranged spouse has, been discharged from the Armed Forces and has formally declared Alabama as his or her state of domicile, or who is a dependent whose parents or legal guardian has been discharged from the Armed Forces and have formally declared Alabama as his or her state of domicile.
3. Currently resides in Alabama and is a “Parolee,” that is, a non-citizen who has been “paroled” into the United States at the discretion of the United States Government and who is issued an “I-94 Card” stamped “Parolee.” (Examples are Cubans and Vietnamese who have left their native countries for political reasons); or
NON-RESIDENT STUDENTS ELIGIBLE FOR IN-STATE TUITION RATES
Also eligible for In-State tuition rates, whether or not he or she is a resident of Alabama, is a person who meets the following criteria:
1. Is a dependent* whose parent(s)* or legal guardian* has taken full-time permanent employment in Alabama; or
2. Is not a dependent* but who holds full-time permanent employment in Alabama or whose non-estranged spouse* holds permanent full-time employment in Alabama; or
3. Is incarcerated in a State or Federal correctional institute in Alabama; or
4. Is eligible for in-state tuition in a state contiguous to Alabama which has a reciprocal tuition agreement with the State of Alabama Board of Education;
5. Is a resident of Santa Rosa, Escambia, or Okaloosa counties in the state of Florida.
*NOTE: Neither the student nor parent, guardian, or spouse need be a resident of Alabama. The term “dependent” shall be defined in accordance with the Internal Revenue Code.
STUDENTS SUBJECT TO OUT-OF-STATE TUITION RATES
Any student who does not fall into one of the categories described above for In-State tuition eligibility shall be subject to payment of tuition and fees at the “Out-of-State” rate.
TUITION AND FEES
1. Tuition fees per semester:
a. In-state students $127.00 (subject to change) per credit hour.
b. Out-of-state and foreign students $254.00 (subject to change) per credit hour (does not apply to residents of Santa Rosa, Escambia, or Okaloosa counties of
Facilities Renewal fee $ 9.00 per credit hour
Technology fee $ 9.00 per credit hour
Special Building fee $ 11.00 per credit hour
Bond Surety fee $ 1.00 per credit hour
ACCS Enhancement Fee $ 10.00 per credit hour
3. Late registration fee $ 25.00*
(Assessed first day of class during term)
4. Student accident insurance $ 5.12 ** per semester & $3.41 summer term
5. Student liability insurance $ 15.00 ** per year
(Nursing and Health Sciences students only)
6. Graduation/diploma fee will be charged equal to the cost of the diploma and cap and gown rental
7. Returned check charge $ 30.00 *
8. Parking/traffic fines $ 5.00 *
*Tuition and fees are subject to change.
**Non-refundable and amount may vary if change in cost to college occurs.
MasterCard and Visa are accepted. No out-of-state checks are accepted.