The Office of Financial Aid at Reid State is responsible for assisting students with financial help in pursing their educational goals through a combination of available grants, scholarships, work-study, and numerous off-campus agencies making monies available for educational assistance.

To check the status of your Financial Aid Click Here

On the Log in Page you will log into your account from here

a. User ID : Your email address (A# followed by @rstc.edu) Example: A01234567@rstc.edu

b. Your password: !RSTCMMDDYY (MMDDYY should be replaced by your birthdate. Example: If you were born January 3rd, 2004, the password would be !RSTC010304 not !RSTC01032004. Do not use 4 digits for the year, only the last 2.)

Net Price Calculator

What you need to Apply for Financial Aid

Each year students are required to file the U.S. Department of Education's Application for Federal Student Aid in order to be considered for federal and non-federal aid. Applicants should apply as soon as possible after October 1. To complete an application for financial aid, the applicant should have the following records available for reference:     

1.     The U.S. Income Tax Return from a previous year.  (examples: for 2018-2019 you will use 2016 U.S. Income Tax Returns; 2019-2020 you will use 2017 U.S. Income Tax Returns), for student, his/her parents (if he/she applies as a dependent student) and his/her spouse's return (if he/she is married and his/her spouse filed a separate return).

2.     Records of untaxed benefits such as, veteran’s non-education benefits, payments to tax-deferred pensions, and other agencies that might pay non-taxable benefits. 

3.     FSA ID.  Create an FSA ID. Make sure that write this information down and keep it in a safe place. If you are a dependent student, your parent will also be required to create a FSA ID.


Who is eligible to receive Federal Student Aid?

 To be eligible to receive federal student aid, you must:

·        File a free application for Federal Student Aid at FAFSA, beginning October 1 of each year.

·        Be a citizen or eligible noncitizen of the United States.

·        Have a valid Social Security Number.

         (Students from the Republic of the Marshall Islands, Federated States of Micronesia, and the Republic of                    Palau are exempt from this requirement.)

·        Have a high school diploma or a General Education Development (GED) certificate.

·        Be enrolled in an eligible program as a regular student seeking a degree or certificate.

·        Maintain satisfactory academic progress.

·        Not owe a refund on a federal student grant or be in default on a federal student loan.

·        Register (or already be registered) with the Selective Service System, if you are a male and not currently on active duty in the U.S. Armed Forces.

·        Not have a conviction for the possession or sale of illegal drugs for an offense that occurred while you were receiving federal student aid (such as grants, work-study, or loans). If you have such a conviction, you must complete the Student Aid Eligibility Worksheet to determine if you are eligible for aid or partially eligible for aid.

Many types of federal student aid, such as the Federal Pell Grant, also require you to have financial need. Additionally, once you have a bachelor’s degree or a first professional degree, you are generally not eligible for Pell or Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grants (FSEOG).

Other requirements may apply. Contact Christy Goodwin in the financial aid office for more information.

Federal Work Study Positions

Students who are interested in the Federal Work Study Program must apply with Mrs. Christy Goodwin in the Scholarship Office located in the Student Services Building. New applications will be accepted the at the beginning of each semester. Awarding of positions are based on a first-come, first-serve basis and where positions are available.

Important Facts

Students must be enrolled full-time (12 credit hours/30 contact hours) to receive the maximum federal financial Aid.

If students are enrolled less-than full-time then their Pell Grant is prorated accordingly and/or may be cancelled.

Pell Grant will not pay for courses not required by the program of study/major.

Most students are awarded Pell Grant for a total of two full-time semesters per year.

Students may now receive Pell year-round.  However, in order to receive Pell for the summer term, if they have attended full-time Fall and Spring terms, they will be required to be registered as at least half-time status.

Pell Grant will not pay for items in the bookstore that are not required in the student’s program of study.

Students who withdraw from all classes are not eligible to receive a balance refund check until the Return of Title IV calculation has taken place. The student may be eligible for a post withdrawal disbursement after that calculation has taken place. This process is in the best interest of the student to assure they will only pay back a minimal amount of funds.

Pell Grant School Code is 005692.

Students may check their financial aid at any time by logging on to www.rstc.edu. They can look at their financial aid summary by utilizing student services module, using their student number and PIN code.

Loan Information

Reid State Technical College does not participate in the federal student loan program. 

SEOG/ASAP Information

Students receiving SEOG/ASAP funds are awarded on a first-come first serve basis. Funds are limited and award amounts vary.

Priority Dates

Financial Aid Award year begins Fall Semester and ends the following Summer Semester. To ensure timely processing, students are encouraged to complete the FAFSA as soon as income information is available, usually after taxes have been filed.

Applications are processed on a first-come basis.

Helpful FASFA Videos

*RSTC does not participate in the federal loan program